The Style Glossary
Our A-Z rundown of the season’s most definitive pieces.
- Allie / ˈa-lē /
- Queen of pants, ruling with our revolutionary no-gap waist and the universal fit that works magic for every shape and size.
- Designed with feedback from thousands of you, until we got it exactly right.
- With options for anything and everything you’ve got going on.
See: leg shapes
- Stretches that go from body-hugging to a suit-like drape.
- Sexy Stretch: Our most curve-hugging stretch with great recovery. Shop now ›
- Smart Stretch: Lightweight cotton bi-stretch that’s a little fitted. Shop now ›
- Modern Stretch: Double weave that’s body skimming but not skin tight. Shop now ›
- Tailored Stretch: Relaxed, yet polished, with a suit-like drape. Shop now ›
- Athleisure / ath-lee-zher /
- Activewear that works whether you’re working out or nah.
- (Not so) secret weapon for instant cool-factor.
- What allows you to go from spin class to sample sale with zero extra effort.
- Animal Print / ˈanəməl print /
- Pairs like a neutral. Slays on its own.
- A natural way to make your power suit purr.
- Super impactful when spotted in the wild (e.g., business meetings, dinner dates, girls night out).
- Preys on the chic with updated spots & stripes every season.
- Bryant / brī-ənt /
- A blazer so perfect it carries the family name.
- The kind of wardrobe MVP that keeps you looking polished 24/7 and just might force your denim jacket into semi-retirement.
- Stretch fabrics that follow your every move.
- Seasonal print and color updates known to inspire obsession-worthy collecting.
- Camo / kamō /
- Major versatility style staple; on the front lines of casual-cool.
- Stands attention while blending in.
- Wear with everything…and that’s an order.
- Curves / kərv /
- What Mae West said.
Curve: the loveliest distance between two points.
- We highlight, smooth & refine them. You make them look gooood.
- Make pants go POW, dresses go BOOM, and lingerie go WHAM.
- Without them, your clothes would just be clothes.
- What Mae West said.
- Denim / denəm /
- Our true love, style soulmate, #1 wardrobe hero that only gets better with age.
- Key component to perfect posterior and legs for days.
- The slimming secret weapons we can’t live without.
See: Power Pockets & Tighter Tummy
- In stretches and leg shapes for whatever your body needs.
See: leg shapes & stretches
- Dresses / dres /
- A reminder to rock our feminine side on the regular.
- A reason to loooove it when a party pops-up out of nowhere.
- The thing that makes it easy to look 100% in 5 min or less.
- Thank you, built-in shapewear.
- Love you, countless options.
- See: silhouettes
- Florals / flôrəl /
- Outfit-making star power that puts your feminine side on blast.
- Pretty and powerful for any and all occasions.
- Meeting parents or meeting deadlines.
- Our forever top trend contender, updated season after season with a little help from the runways.
- Fierce / firs /
- Unapologetic style swagger showing you care, but also kind of don’t.
- A no-limits approach to fashion that always owns the room.
- a lace top that shows off your bra.
- a leather legging with a short top.
- permission to wear leopard print from head to toe (granted).
- Feminine / ˈfemənən /
- Multi-dimensional magic that lets you be you.
- Actualization of self-love that defies size, shape & age.
- More state-of-mind than gender-defined.
- Style-driving quality that earns you that perfect selfie, with or without your makeup.
- Lena / lēna /
- The reason we come to work every day.
- Actual alias of our founder (Lena Bryant); fearless New Yorker & OG trailblazer who gave plus size women options (before she even had the right to vote).
- Made fashion history in 1904, but 100% #stillreal in our world.
- Leggings / ˈleɡiNGz /
- Slim-fitting double agent that works lounge life and night life with equal attention.
- Yes, they’re pants. Yes we love them.
- Comfort-critical all year long.
- Lounge / lounj /
- Proper chill-zone attire famed for serious coze factor.
- Preferred attire for Netflix nights and “work from home” days.
- May cause unexpected cuddling.
- Nude / nood /
- Plaid / plad /
- The go-to fall staple coveted by prepsters, professors and punks alike.
- Reinvented in peplums, ruffles and cut-outs, it extends beyond lumberjack territory.
- Pairs best with ripped denim, faux leather leggings and anything else that feels unexpected.
- Power Pockets / pou-er pok-its /
- Power Suits / pou-er soot /
- Your go-to uniform for taking over the world.
- Your spirit animal in curve-flattering outfit form.
- A made-to-match Bryant blazer and Allie pant.
- A color and print pairing that takes on any agenda.
- Common behaviors with wear: getting a raise, riding the fast track for the corner office.
- Ruffle / ruhf-uh /
- The queen of all fashion embellishments.
- Spotted everywhere on hems, sleeves, neckline, skirt or tee topping form.
- No fabric off limits: equally flattering in flowy chiffon, soft knit or structured wovens.
- Highest drama level:
- Stretch / strech /
- The patron saint of curve-following flexibility and comfort, in places you least expect it.
- Why you no longer need to lay down with pliers to close a tight zipper.
- Our answer to making everything you wear fit and feel as wonderful as it looks.
- A little or a lot. There’s no one way to stretch:
- Tighter Tummy Technology / tahyt-er tuhm-ee Tek-nol-ogy /
- Top / top /
- Your first-impression maker; the DNA to every wardrobe.
- The easiest way to channel fashion’s fastest trends.
- It’s illegal to go without one in some states.
- There’s more of them than anything else in your closet, and always room for more.
- Zhuzh / ZHo͝oSH /
- To improve appearance by slight adjustment.
- To borderline fuss in the mirror while getting ready.
- That not too tight, not too loose jean roll.
- Tousled tresses that say “I woke up like this”.