Meaghan O’Connor @meaghanpoconnor
A loyal Lane “lifer,” Meaghan was a stylist in her local Lane store throughout high school and college. Fast forward and she’s still with us today! Since the early days of quarantine, Meaghan has kept us connected, inspired, sane and insanely stylish with her Instagram Happy Hours. Join us every Friday at 5 @lanebryant 🥂.
When the world stopped it was really difficult for me to stop with it. But once I did, I gained clarity, focus and a fresh perspective.
- Meghan’s 2021 rejuvenation plan:
- Staying active, practicing gratitude daily, spending as much time with my family and close friends as possible and taking it all one day at a time. Whatever that looks like, whatever it takes, that's the priority!
- How she stays active:
- Family walks & bike rides are my favorite but I just got a Peloton, so that’s been my go-to lately. Staying motivated can be a challenge, but I find getting dressed in a fun look keeps me excited. My LIVI activewear is on constant rotation!
- On 2020’s challenges:
- For me, it was about slowing down. For so long I’ve equated the hustle and “go-go-go” mentality with success. So, when the world stopped, it was really difficult for me to stop with it. But once I did, I gained clarity, focus and a fresh perspective. Now, I’m grateful for that gift of time.
- On community:
- Community is a support system of people who lift one another up and lean on one another in times of need. Community offers love, support and inspiration! I think WFH and social distancing has strengthened the way we support one another. Thankfully, kindness & encouragement does not lose its impact via zoom!
- Hobbies that define you:
- Traveling! I love exploring new places & cultures and I’m always on the hunt for the next perfect beach sunset! I’m a huge Disney fan and I collect Disney coffee mugs! I’m a total foodie and I love wine. Exploring wineries and learning about proper pairings, winemaking and tasting is definitely a passion of mine.
- Your style:
- Classic, polished & fun.
- Your personal “power suit”:
- Either classic skinny jeans + a crisp white button down + a blazer combo or a perfect little black dress. Of course, all of my “power suit” looks get topped off with a red lip and a pair of sunglasses!
- Can’t-live-without comfort:
- LIVI leggings (& joggers), bralettes or no-wire bras and comfy tees.
- WFH uniform:
- I usually do LIVI leggings + a tee or sweater + a blazer and earrings for a touch of zoom call polish!
- Every woman needs blank in her closet:
- I need more blanks! My Top 5: Leggings or joggers of some sort (duh!), a crisp white blouse or button down, your perfect jean (mine is a skinny), a great-fitting blazer & a LBD.
- Your role model(s):
- I come from a family of strong, independent, intelligent, hard working women and they’ve all made an impact on my life. My values, morals and work ethic all come from them. But lately, my nieces are my inspiration— their joy & magic makes the most impact on my day to day life.
- Best style/fit advice:
- My grandma used to tell me, “All you need is lipstick and a pair of sunglasses,” (she was right!). Aside from that I think it would be “stay true to you,” meaning you don’t have to jump on every style and trend. I think it’s important that when we express ourselves through fashion, we don’t lose who we are.
- Best life advice:
- “Always remember who you are, and where you come from,” is a saying in my family. It’ a gentle reminder to stay humble, stay kind, and always remain connected to your roots. Without them, we wouldn’t be where we are today…